Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What I'm doing right now at the moment!
Just got SCDJr down. Wife inside watching some mindless TV packing for California for next week. I am sitting outside next to the fire pit. I am two hours into smoking a pork shoulder. Listening to Pandora and just finished a Sierra Nevada Porter. And you...?
(01-31-2015, 10:58 PM)SCDuke Wrote: Just got SCDJr down. Wife inside watching some mindless TV packing for California for next week. I am sitting outside next to the fire pit. I am two hours into smoking a pork shoulder. Listening to Pandora and just finished a Sierra Nevada Porter. And you...?

Sounds like the life, man. Are you using a vinegar water based to keep the shoulder moist?
Like us on Facebook! Follow us on Twitter!
[Image: facebook.png] [Image: Twitter%20Icon.jpg]
Nope. Just spraying it down with Apple cider. The drip pan has Sierra Nevada Nooner Pilsner in it.
(02-01-2015, 12:24 AM)SCDuke Wrote: Nope. Just spraying it down with Apple cider. The drip pan has Sierra Nevada Nooner Pilsner in it.

Sounds pretty good man. I bet I'm too late, but next time snap a photo of it and post.
Ok will do. The cider or apple juice, helps caramelize the outer bark of the butt or shoulder.
(02-02-2015, 04:42 PM)SCDuke Wrote: Ok will do.  The cider or apple juice, helps caramelize the outer bark of the butt or shoulder.

Dang that sounds tasty Duke!
(02-02-2015, 04:42 PM)SCDuke Wrote: Ok will do.  The cider or apple juice, helps caramelize the outer bark of the butt or shoulder.

Do you use dry rubs more, or do you also makes some good sauces?
Dry Rub on all pork, and ribs. I make my own. But, SCD Jr. gave me a nice bottle of a type of Rub for Christmas.

Apply the rub the night before. I usually use hickory chips to smoke with. Some times I will use cherry from time to time.

As far as sauce goes, I get mine from Kingstree, SC. Its a vinegar based sauce. I add it as I pull the pork.
I'm trying not to piss in my britches as I read this because someone has SHIT in both bathrooms closest to me and I refuse to inhale their turd fumes. Guess I'm about to go piss in the kitchen, then I'll eat some smoked Herring and sardines for lunch. Not quite as good as a pork shoulder though.
(02-03-2015, 10:40 AM)SCDuke Wrote: Dry Rub on all pork, and ribs.  I make my own. But,  SCD Jr. gave me a nice bottle of a type of Rub for Christmas.

Apply the rub the night before.  I usually use hickory chips to smoke with.  Some times I will use cherry from time to time.

As far as sauce goes, I get mine from Kingstree, SC.  Its a vinegar based sauce.  I add it as I pull the pork.

That sounds great. I still like sweet sauces on ribs though.