Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey Pizza Lovers! How Do You Like It?
Count me in.  I admit it.  I love me some pizza.  I like it prepared in a variety of ways and with a variety of toppings.  Huh?  What's that you said?  Pizza is a lot like sex?  Even when it's bad it's still pretty good?  Just kidding!  Do you prefer thin, hand tossed or deep dish crust?  What toppings do you like?  Anyone use anchovies? What franchise do you like?  Any pizza secrets you want to share?  

Growing up in Ohio I absolutely loved the local joint Jac and Do's.  Hand tossed but thin crust with lots of toppings:

[Image: the-largest-pizza-with.jpg]

I prefer more tomato sauce than less...
My favorite pizza is thin crust with pepperoni and green pepper.
[Image: stock-photo-25047399-thin-crust-pepperon...za-cut.jpg]

Second favorite can only be found in the state of New Mexico. Pepperoni and Hatch green chili.
Like us on Facebook! Follow us on Twitter!
[Image: facebook.png] [Image: Twitter%20Icon.jpg]
I'll eat it all, but I prefer a hand tossed that bridges the gap between thin and thick crust.

I don't dislike it by any means, but Chicago style deep dish isn't my favorite.

As for toppings, I am a meatatarian. Pepperoni, sausage, bacon, ham and chicken. I like anchovies, but not on a pizza for some reason. Every now and then I get to craving a Hawaiian style with ham and pineapple.

And yes, pizza is like sex and BBQ....even when it's bad it is still pretty good.
(01-18-2015, 10:02 PM)kaplony Wrote: I'll eat it all, but I prefer a hand tossed that bridges the gap between thin and thick crust.

I don't dislike it by any means, but Chicago style deep dish isn't my favorite.

As for toppings, I am a meatatarian.  Pepperoni, sausage, bacon, ham and chicken.  I like anchovies, but not on a pizza for some reason. Every now and then I get to craving a Hawaiian style with ham and pineapple.

And yes, pizza is like sex and BBQ....even when it's bad it is still pretty good.

Bacon and pepperoni on 'za are my favorite meat choices.
Alright you commie bastards, the only real pizza is in the NY/NJ area.  Thin crust, greasy cheese pizza with maybe some pepperoni on it.  None of this frigging California cardboard with ketchup on it that the rest of the country calls pizza.

This is a pizza

[Image: new-york-style.jpg]

This is not

[Image: 354607565_33d0bcc6c8.jpg]
[Image: TROP.jpg]

When I attended the University of Cincinnati, I enjoyed Adriatico's that was a New York style pizza.

[Image: banner-sicilian.jpg]

[Image: banner2.jpg]
I make my own, it’s very much like New York Style cheese, but with a ground rosemary crust.
all of this is making me hungry and it's only 8:22.

I like all pizza as long as the crust isn't too filling. I don't want to be full after 2 slices. I want to enjoy the toppings, cheese and sauce.

Favorite chain pizza place is Pizza In, hands down.

Favorite upscale pizza(and yes it's probably not as good as what the NE guys can get) is Hideaway Pizza
http://www.hideawaypizza.com/index.php
Like us on Facebook! Follow us on Twitter!
[Image: facebook.png] [Image: Twitter%20Icon.jpg]
(01-19-2015, 10:25 AM)oklalittledixie Wrote: all of this is making me hungry and it's only 8:22.

I like all pizza as long as the crust isn't too filling. I don't want to be full after 2 slices. I want to enjoy the toppings, cheese and sauce.

Favorite chain pizza place is Pizza In, hands down.

Favorite upscale pizza(and yes it's probably not as good as what the NE guys can get) is Hideaway Pizza
http://www.hideawaypizza.com/index.php

I'm not a fan of thick crust but every once in awhile I do crave a deep dish cheesy pepperoni pie with extra sauce. Guilty pleasure...
I like to make my own pizzas usually.

Couple of my favorites:

Giada's Pizza di Bianca with Turkey Meatballs and Kale

[Image: mxwaE0b.jpg]

Chorizo, Bacon, Shallott & Jalapeno pizza:

[Image: K09KWcz.jpg]