Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minority Friend Checklist
New thread related to a gdunn post. Post your proof you are not racist.

Black - I have a lot of black friends. My town is about 60/40 white/black and my son is into basketball. My best friend here at the office is a rare breed: a black conservative
Oriental - Just one. My buddy married a Japanese woman when stationed over there
Indian - Just one
Muslim - Don't even know any
Jewish - Several
Mexican - Don't know any
Gay - No gay friends, but my brother says he is "bisexual". Does that count?
Define friend. Like hang out with or just acquaintances?
Like us on Facebook! Follow us on Twitter!
[Image: facebook.png] [Image: Twitter%20Icon.jpg]
LOL!!!
DodgyRolleyesBig GrinDodgyRolleyesBig GrinDodgyRolleyesBig Grin
I met one Muslim girl when she was bitching out another group of Muslims for not standing up to radical Islam. I still talk to her on facebook quite often. She turned out to be a very cool person.
Black-- I grew up with several black guys and gals, and I lived in a small town.. One of my best friends was a black guy that lived down the road from me.. My senior year he asked did I mind if he rode to school with me everyday.. Told him sure.. There were some other black guys that would hound him over it.. He said, hey I'm riding in comfort, with heat and AC.. And he has introduced me to this guy by the name of Hank that has all these cool songs.. Dom would tell anyone he was an Oreo and my half brother.

Asian-- I grew up with a couple of Asian kids.. They were adopted, but again small town.. So you tend to make friends with those around you.. My cousin actually married an Asian guy and we're pretty good friends.. My wife calls him a Yellowneck.

Indian- Had one.. Lost contact years ago

Muslim-- See the gym story. HA. I'm kidding.. Maybe

Jewish-- I met several in NY, but none ever invited me over for coffee..

Mexican-- I do have a few Mexican friends.. Not bad people..

Gay-- Grew up with a gay guy.. He didn't know it, but we did.. It's funny we keep in touch and he hates the flaming gay guys.. But yet he's one himself.. It's funny to see his pictures of him dressed up for a Cher concert, then in the next breath, he's berating people doing the same thing.
(10-23-2014, 09:37 AM)EverRespect Wrote: New thread related to a gdunn post.  Post your proof you are not racist.

Black - I have a lot of black friends.  My town is about 60/40 white/black and my son is into basketball.  My best friend here at the office is a rare breed: a black conservative
Oriental - Just one.  My buddy married a Japanese woman when stationed over there
Indian - Just one
Jewish - Several
Mexican - Don't know any
Gay - No gay friends, but my brother says he is "bisexual".  Does that count?

ER,

*typically* Asian folks don't like to be called Oriental...

Black - A couple of friends but I live in a city that 90% white and there are few AA's in my workplace
Asian - Married into an Asian Family so I have a lot
Indian - about half my coworkers, I'm new on the job so "friend" does nto apply but I like them just fine.
Jewish - Don't know any Jews
Latino(a) - Friends wife who is friends with my wife is Dominican.
Gay - No gay friends but I have gay family.
(10-23-2014, 09:42 AM)oklalittledixie Wrote: Define friend. Like hang out with or just acquaintances?

For me it is acquaintances. Having a family, I don't have the time for hanging out. On the rare occasion we break away, 90% of the time it is a date night, otherwise it is for a wedding or party with acquaintances.
Black: Several. I live in Atlanta so I see far more black people everyday than I did growing up. One of my best friends is black.

Asian: One. She's sitting next to me in this training. She went to Georgia Tech so she's very asian.

Indian: I had a few Indian friends growing up but I don't know any down here.

Muslim: I'm not sure I've ever met one.

Jewish: I have two very good Jewish friends. I enjoy talking with them about their faith and learning some of their traditions.

Mexican: Well I am one and I think I kick ass.

Gay: I have several Gay friends both inside and outside of work. We've had some good conversations.

White: I know tons of white people. My parents are white.
(10-23-2014, 09:51 AM)BullInExile Wrote:
(10-23-2014, 09:37 AM)EverRespect Wrote: New thread related to a gdunn post.  Post your proof you are not racist.

Black - I have a lot of black friends.  My town is about 60/40 white/black and my son is into basketball.  My best friend here at the office is a rare breed: a black conservative
Oriental - Just one.  My buddy married a Japanese woman when stationed over there
Indian - Just one
Jewish - Several
Mexican - Don't know any
Gay - No gay friends, but my brother says he is "bisexual".  Does that count?

ER,

*typically* Asian folks don't like to be called Oriental...

Black - A couple of friends but I live in a city that 90% white and there are few AA's in my workplace
Asian - Married into an Asian Family so I have a lot
Indian - about half my coworkers, I'm new on the job so "friend" does nto apply but I like them just fine.
Jewish - Don't know any Jews
Latino(a) - Friends wife who is friends with my wife is Dominican.
Gay - No gay friends but I have gay family.

Oriental is a specific Asian. Indians, Jews, and Muslims are other kinds of Asians. Weather they like it or not, they are what they are.
(10-23-2014, 09:52 AM)EverRespect Wrote:
(10-23-2014, 09:42 AM)oklalittledixie Wrote: Define friend. Like hang out with or just acquaintances?

For me it is acquaintances.  Having a family, I don't have the time for hanging out.  On the rare occasion we break away, 90% of the time it is a date night, otherwise it is for a wedding or party with acquaintances.

Black - I do have some black friends from high school I still talk to
Oriental - Yes. Mainly girls, but I partied with this crazy Chinese guy from Cali last month in Tulsa.
Indian - I live in Oklahoma. We all have southeastern Indian blood. Myself included
Muslim - One
Jewish - Yes
Mexican - Live in New Mexico and have great Hispanic friends...however, they identify with Spain...not Mexico
Gay - A couple.