Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bob Stoops
It's seems like he has lost the will to win or to get these kids fired up. I can't remember a worse season and yesterday's loss to Oklahoma State was an embarrassment to the Sooner program. This stupid boneheaded play calling has got to stop. Stoops better start getting this team ready to win games or he will be on the hot seat - if he isn't already.

Like us on Facebook! Follow us on Twitter!
[Image: facebook.png] [Image: Twitter%20Icon.jpg]
Tough loss okla. Feel for ya. I saw the highlights and Stoops in hindsight admitted he would not punt again to Tyreek Hill after the running into the kicker penalty with about one minute left in the game. I don't know that his seat is hot but it is definitely warm.
(12-07-2014, 03:23 PM)CincyGrad92 Wrote: Tough loss okla.  Feel for ya.  I saw the highlights and Stoops in hindsight admitted he would not punt again to Tyreek Hill after the running into the kicker penalty with about one minute left in the game.  I don't know that his seat is hot but it is definitely warm.

He's really starting to piss me off. I've seen this before from him. He just doesn't have piss and vinegar to get these teams fired up. A lot of it has been Josh Heuple and his ridiculous play calling, but I have watched the Sooners drift off into the realms of mediocrity for several years now and no one seems willing to really do anything about it.

We should have taken the SEC invite, taken the extra money and built up that Sooner brand. If Stoops can't get it together next season, it's time for a chance. Missing players or not. Giving up that kind of lead then losing in overtime due to dumb ass play calling is inexcusable.
Has recruiting fallen off or is it all in game coaching? I haven't been following the program.
Wow, flipping thru channels I saw they had a big lead. Didn't expect this (although this has been a nutty season).

Also got the OU v OkSU wrestling match on DVR from this weekend.
(12-08-2014, 09:37 AM)EverRespect Wrote: Has recruiting fallen off or is it all in game coaching?  I haven't been following the program.

It's almost all coaching. We have some of the top recruits in the country. This is the same team that spanked Alabama last year. It's a problem in the coaching staff. Now granted we were without our starting QB and our leading rusher goes out with an injury - but we had a huge lead and blew it due to crappy defense and ridiculous idiocy behind the offensive play calling. We basically run the entire game and then decide to throw every play in overtime for a nice 3 and out - then another nice missed field goal from our kicker that used to be awesome. It's like this entire team just imploded throughout the season.
(12-08-2014, 10:33 AM)oklalittledixie Wrote:
(12-08-2014, 09:37 AM)EverRespect Wrote: Has recruiting fallen off or is it all in game coaching?  I haven't been following the program.

It's almost all coaching. We have some of the top recruits in the country. This is the same team that spanked Alabama last year. It's a problem in the coaching staff. Now granted we were without our starting QB and our leading rusher goes out with an injury - but we had a huge lead and blew it due to crappy defense and ridiculous idiocy behind the offensive play calling. We basically run the entire game and then decide to throw every play in overtime for a nice 3 and out  - then another nice missed field goal from our kicker that used to be awesome. It's like this entire team just imploded throughout the season.

I couldn't feel your pain any more than I currently do. Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE is hoping that Miles will leave for Michigan if the chance comes up. I never thought I'd see the year (in this century) that OU went to the Russell Athletic Bowl, and LSU went to the Music City Bowl. And I can guarantee you that our biggest problem is coaching. Miles refuses to use the better QB, yet when our kicker missed a short FG in the A&M game, Miles pulled him and used the back up. It pisses me off to no end.
(12-08-2014, 11:30 AM)LSU04_08 Wrote:
(12-08-2014, 10:33 AM)oklalittledixie Wrote:

It's almost all coaching. We have some of the top recruits in the country. This is the same team that spanked Alabama last year. It's a problem in the coaching staff. Now granted we were without our starting QB and our leading rusher goes out with an injury - but we had a huge lead and blew it due to crappy defense and ridiculous idiocy behind the offensive play calling. We basically run the entire game and then decide to throw every play in overtime for a nice 3 and out  - then another nice missed field goal from our kicker that used to be awesome. It's like this entire team just imploded throughout the season.

I couldn't feel your pain any more than I currently do. Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE is hoping that Miles will leave for Michigan if the chance comes up. I never thought I'd see the year (in this century) that OU went to the Russell Athletic Bowl, and LSU went to the Music City Bowl. And I can guarantee you that our biggest problem is coaching. Miles refuses to use the better QB, yet when our kicker missed a short FG in the A&M game, Miles pulled him and used the back up. It pisses me off to no end.

Ya know, watching the end of that game you'd get the sense that OU was paid to throw the game. Like a rigged boxing match. They made asses of themselves and the entire program.

Who would you want to replace Miles?
(12-08-2014, 11:33 AM)oklalittledixie Wrote: Ya know, watching the end of that game you'd get the sense that OU was paid to throw the game. Like a rigged boxing match. They made asses of themselves and the entire program.

I've had that feeling a few times this year with LSU as well.

We've got a Super Bowl coach trying to run the offense right now but Miles won't let him do his job, so if Miles left, I wouldn't mind Cam taking care of the team until another coach was found. My dream coach, which would NEVER happen, would be Jon Gruden Wink

But really, anyone that knows how to run a high powered offense along with our defense would be perfect.
(12-08-2014, 11:38 AM)LSU04_08 Wrote:
(12-08-2014, 11:33 AM)oklalittledixie Wrote: Ya know, watching the end of that game you'd get the sense that OU was paid to throw the game. Like a rigged boxing match. They made asses of themselves and the entire program.

I've had that feeling a few times this year with LSU as well.

We've got a Super Bowl coach trying to run the offense right now but Miles won't let him do his job, so if Miles left, I wouldn't mind Cam taking care of the team until another coach was found. My dream coach, which would NEVER happen, would be Jon Gruden  Wink

But really, anyone that knows how to run a high powered offense along with our defense would be perfect.

Miles was great when he was at OSU. He said some funny stuff in the media. Big Grin Sadly, I am afraid we are at the same point you are. This inconsistent coaching isn't getting any better, and as much as I have loved Stoops over the years, I think he may not have the heart for the job anymore. I'm still mad at him and Boren for turning up their noses to the SEC invite and flirting with taking us out to the west coast cupcake show. We are sitting here watching two teams (MIZZOU and AtM) go from what used to be our whipping boys to formidable teams while OU continues to operate at a 2004 like level.