Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UFC 196
McGreggor got rocked.

Like us on Facebook! Follow us on Twitter!
[Image: facebook.png] [Image: Twitter%20Icon.jpg]
Yeah but Diaz's face looked like it got hit with a baseball bat.  The dude had a gash above his eye that bled like a stuck pig.  McGregor moved up several weight classes going from Featherweight (145 lb.) where he currently holds the title belt to fight at Welterweight (170 lb.)  I think the jump up in weight was too much to overcome.  He's mouthy and cocky but he typically backs it up.  Besides Rousey, he is one of the few UFC fighters currently generating interest for the sport.  I guess you could say I'm a fan of Conor but I'm part Irish so go figure.  Check out this mental intimidation of his opponent prior to the Featherweight title belt:

And then this happened just seconds into the fight:

McGregor/Diaz rematch set for UFC 200:

Rematch
(04-09-2016, 05:59 PM)CincyGrad92 Wrote: McGregor/Diaz rematch set for UFC 200:

Rematch

Predictions?
Like us on Facebook! Follow us on Twitter!
[Image: facebook.png] [Image: Twitter%20Icon.jpg]
(04-14-2016, 09:55 PM)oklalittledixie Wrote:
(04-09-2016, 05:59 PM)CincyGrad92 Wrote: McGregor/Diaz rematch set for UFC 200:

Rematch

Predictions?

Normally, I would say moving up several weight classes is too difficult to overcome but McGregor is obsessed that he lost the first fight. I believe Conor will take the rematch. He will have more time to get his body ready to fight at 170 lb.
Wow!  I guess the fight is off now and maybe even a retirement for Conor (doubt it is permanent)...

Quote:The welterweight rematch between Conor McGregor and Nate Diaz at UFC 200 is no longer happening.

Dana White announced Tuesday night that UFC was pulling McGregor out of UFC 200 for refusing to attend a promotional press conference in Las Vegas as McGregor claimed he didn't want to interrupt his training in Iceland.

"Obviously, we still have a good relationship with Conor," White said on SportsCenter. "I respect Conor as a fighter and I like him as a person. But you can't decide not to show up to these things. You have to do it."

This announcement from White came hours after McGregor, the company's current featherweight champion, took to Twitter to announce that he was "retiring young" in a shocking tweet that most thought (or hoped) was a joke or hoax. White would not elaborate on McGregor's retirement tweet, only noting that he would not be fighting at UFC 200.

“Is Conor McGregor retiring? Only he can answer that question," said White. "I don't know, but Conor McGregor is not fighting at UFC 200.”

It appears now that the two sides are locked in a strange battle with McGregor, UFC's top star, not fighting in a pay-per-view that is one of the most highly anticipated in the company's history.

UFC is currently discussing new main event options and a different opponent for Diaz ahead of UFC 200 on July 9 in Las Vegas.
McGregor