Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The B1G has an opportunity end up with…
...the top three spots in the final poll.

Of course the Buckeyes and Iowa would each need to win their
bowl game, and Michigan State would need to win the championship
game over the Sooners or beating Clemson in a more conceiving manner
than how they defeated Ohio State and the Hawkeyes.
True.

I think MSU will get an early lead against 'Bama, but the tide comes back.

Clemson v OU is intriguing, not sure but my gut says OU.
I have Sparty vs. Sooners in the championship game.
(12-09-2015, 10:11 AM)AngryAphid Wrote: I have Sparty vs. Sooners in the championship game.

I really don't know how we match up against Clemson this season. I know we are favored, but I don't know the reasoning behind it. I think Bama is vulnerable because they really mainly on Henry.

How do you think the Sooners would match up against MSU?
Like us on Facebook! Follow us on Twitter!
[Image: facebook.png] [Image: Twitter%20Icon.jpg]
(12-10-2015, 12:59 PM)oklalittledixie Wrote:
(12-09-2015, 10:11 AM)AngryAphid Wrote: I have Sparty vs. Sooners in the championship game.

I really don't know how we match up against Clemson this season. I know we are favored, but I don't know the reasoning behind it. I think Bama is vulnerable because they really mainly on Henry.

I have no idea, both teams seem to have the ability get it done.
I’m guessing it would be a close game that could go either way.
Oklahoma vs. Bama is my pick. Nick Saban has Alabama on a roll right now. There's just something about Clemson I can't put my faith in. I think they played in one of the weaker P5 conferences this year. Pressure is off the Sooners too as the #4 playoff seed.
(12-12-2015, 12:06 AM)CincyGrad92 Wrote: Oklahoma vs. Bama is my pick.  Nick Saban has Alabama on a roll right now.  There's just something about Clemson I can't put my faith in.  I think they played in one of the weaker P5 conferences this year.  Pressure is off the Sooners too as the #4 playoff seed.

I really hope that is the outcome. I'm betting Bama wants another shot. They haven't been able to beat the Sooners.

Me either. Clemson dominated Oklahoma last year in the Russell Athletic Bowl to the point where the only score Oklahoma was able to muster was the first string offense against a defense made up of the bottom of the travel squad. Clemson was athletically superior to OU at every position even with a limited QB under center.

I know OU has Baker Mayfield this year and didn't have him last year but Clemson has Deshaun Watsn this year and didn't last year and OU was one of the only teams that Cole Stoudt torched last year.

That said, we have only really played one complete game all season and that was against Miami. For whatever reason in every game we have had stretches where either the offense or defense or both takes a quarter off. I guess part of it has to be the fact we aren't especially deep and we played 10 straight games this year. LB Ben Boulware played the South Carolina and North Carolina games with one arm because of a stinger he suffered against Wake Forest, and DE Shaq Lawson has played the second half of the season wearing a shoulder harness as well. If they can get healthy and put it together there isn't a team in the country who can play with us. If we can't we'll be one and done because there aren't any easy outs the rest of the way.
(12-13-2015, 02:03 AM)kaplony Wrote:

Me either. Clemson dominated Oklahoma last year in the Russell Athletic Bowl to the point where the only score Oklahoma was able to muster was the first string offense against a defense made up of the bottom of the travel squad.  Clemson was athletically superior to OU at every position even with a limited QB under center.

I know OU has Baker Mayfield this year and didn't have him last year but Clemson has Deshaun Watsn this year and didn't last year and OU was one of the only teams that Cole Stoudt torched last year.

That said, we have only really played one complete game all season and that was against Miami.  For whatever reason in every game we have had stretches where either the offense or defense or both takes a quarter off. I guess part of it has to be the fact we aren't especially deep and we played 10 straight games this year. LB Ben Boulware played the South Carolina and North Carolina games with one arm because of a stinger he suffered against Wake Forest, and DE Shaq Lawson has played the second half of the season wearing a shoulder harness as well. If they can get healthy and put it together there isn't a team in the country who can play with us. If we can't we'll be one and done because there aren't any easy outs the rest of the way.

I keep forgetting you are a Clemson fan. Cool You did dominate us last year, but we were a broken team with several losses. I don't want to jinx the game, but I think we will be a bit more competitive this time around. That being said, I am more worried about playing Clemson than Alabama. I think Henry carries that team a little too much.