Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oklahoma and Oklahoma State
(11-29-2015, 06:38 PM)ConservativeHerd Wrote: Notre LAME is out thank you Stanford!!! The Notre LAME loss will certainly help OU's chances with the playoff committee.  If Mich St. can beat Iowa that should also help.

I'm with ya Herd on the Golden Domers.  They get preferential tv network/media/poll ass kissin' all the time.  2 losses knocks them out of the playoffs.  OU is projected by Jerry Palm to join the 4 team party along with Clemson, Meechigan State and Bama.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball...-six-games
(11-29-2015, 07:46 PM)oklalittledixie Wrote: Cincy, I never really wanted him out. I wanted him to get the memo that emotion and drive is 90% of the equation. I think he got that memo. Let's see if he remembers it. He is prone to forgetting.

Notre Dame is finished and IMO they really solidify the ridiculousness behind the argument that the Big XII should be left out because they don't have a championship game.

What happened with Ohio State?

Good question. One that Urban and his OC need to answer. The best running back in college football (IMHO) got just 13 touches for minimal yards against Michigan St. They have a great defense and have played Ohio State tough in recent years but the Bucks had no business losing that game at home. I'm more pissed at Cincinnati's lame season this year after they were picked to win their conference. Tommy Tuberville needs to take his $2.2 million and go on to the horse pasture (or glue factory) in retirement.
ZSU's OC has been horrible all year. Really shafted Cardale Jones. Guy should be fired.

I'm guessing ZSU v ND in a bowl game (again). Intriguing Midwest match up of two 'what if' teams. Besides, ND ducked the B1G this season, I think that will be part of the parings. Maybe ND v Iowa if Iowa loses. Then it's ZSU v Houston.
(12-02-2015, 03:23 PM)DrTorch Wrote: ZSU's OC has been horrible all year.  Really shafted Cardale Jones.  Guy should be fired.

I'm guessing ZSU v ND in a bowl game (again).  Intriguing Midwest match up of two 'what if' teams.  Besides, ND ducked the B1G this season, I think that will be part of the parings.

Got it right.
(12-07-2015, 10:26 AM)DrTorch Wrote:
(12-02-2015, 03:23 PM)DrTorch Wrote: ZSU's OC has been horrible all year.  Really shafted Cardale Jones.  Guy should be fired.

I'm guessing ZSU v ND in a bowl game (again).  Intriguing Midwest match up of two 'what if' teams.  Besides, ND ducked the B1G this season, I think that will be part of the parings.

Got it right.

Do you think they should expand the playoff to 8 teams?
Like us on Facebook! Follow us on Twitter!
[Image: facebook.png] [Image: Twitter%20Icon.jpg]
(12-12-2015, 12:44 PM)oklalittledixie Wrote:
(12-07-2015, 10:26 AM)DrTorch Wrote:

Got it right.

Do you think they should expand the playoff to 8 teams?

I suggested a 16 team format many years ago. Every conference gets in their champ, as long as that champ has at least a .750 record and a FBS OOC win.

Top 16 gets in based strictly on record, w/ a formula accounting for computer rankings and polls to eliminate ties at the end.

I also insisted that they keep bowls and run them w/ the playoffs, especially on NYD as a warm up to the big game.

As it is, I'd go back to 11 game seasons, w/ a conf championship game available if they want. Then you have 4 weeks of playoffs in Dec, culminating on NYD.
(11-17-2015, 12:55 AM)oklalittledixie Wrote:
(11-16-2015, 06:14 PM)Fitbuddy Wrote: If Oklahoma wins, then the Big 12 is out of the playoff.

Oh this ought to be good. How do you figure?

I'm glad I was wrong about Oklahoma. At the time, I didn't see a one loss Big 12 team getting in.