Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just like I thought they would
Bob Stoops and the OU squad go in to Dallas unprepared thinking Texas was going to be a easy win. What a horrible performance by OU. Missed tackles, crappy defense and an o-line that was unable to protect the quarterback.

Just a disgraceful showing and another blown season. Thanks Stoops.
Like us on Facebook! Follow us on Twitter!
[Image: facebook.png] [Image: Twitter%20Icon.jpg]
There is so much parity in modern college football
that virtually any game outcome is possible.

Sure, losing to the rival stinks, but I think it has to be expected,
even during the seasons when it appears that it can’t happen.
(10-11-2015, 11:41 AM)AngryAphid Wrote: There is so much parity in modern college football

I agree with this statement. However, OU looked like garbage for most of the game. They came in still sleeping, unemotional. A situation we have been dealing with under the Stoops program for a long time. I am so mad about that game.
(10-11-2015, 02:44 PM)oklalittledixie Wrote:
(10-11-2015, 11:41 AM)AngryAphid Wrote: There is so much parity in modern college football

I agree with this statement. However, OU looked like garbage for most of the game. They came in still sleeping, unemotional. A situation we have been dealing with under the Stoops program for a long time. I am so mad about that game.

I feel your pain okla. Agree with AA about parity, but the Sooners didn't lose by playing their best game either. That's what hurts. My Bearcats lost to Temple at home a few weeks back with 5 freegin' turnovers and looking flat and uninspired.
(10-11-2015, 09:44 PM)CincyGrad92 Wrote:
(10-11-2015, 02:44 PM)oklalittledixie Wrote:

I feel your pain okla.  Agree with AA about parity, but the Sooners didn't lose by playing their best game either.  That's what hurts.  My Bearcats lost to Temple at home a few weeks back with 5 freegin' turnovers and looking flat and uninspired.

The worst part is listening to Oklahoma State fans around town rubbing it in. Like your Bearcats, our team should have know Texas was looking to turn the corner. We looked like idiots out there.
I wonder if some of the coaches Stoops discarded in the off-season were dead weight in recruiting. I ask because last year in the Russell Athletic Bowl the players they put out there didn't belong on the same field as Clemson athletically.

If that's the case it could take a couple years for the new blood to have an effect.
(10-13-2015, 10:17 PM)kaplony Wrote: I wonder if some of the coaches Stoops discarded in the off-season were dead weight in recruiting. I ask because last year in the Russell Athletic Bowl the players they put out there didn't belong on the same field as Clemson athletically.

If that's the case it could take a couple years for the new blood to have an effect.

Maybe but that was pretty much the same team that smoked Alabama the year before. When we played Clemson, the season had already fallen apart, and it fell apart for the same reasons we lost to Texas. This is a mental issue. Stoops seems to be more reactionary and methodical instead of a visionary. We had the talent on the field that could have demoralized Texas. Instead, they went into Dallas thinking this was going to be an easy win against a four loss team. Instead, Texas was tired of looking silly and they came to play. There was no emotion or drive from the Sooners and they looked asleep for most of the game. So then they go take it out on KState, but it's too late. There is no playoff bid with a loss in the Big XII.
[/quote]
Maybe but that was pretty much the same team that smoked Alabama the year before. When we played Clemson, the season had already fallen apart, and it fell apart for the same reasons we lost to Texas. This is a mental issue. Stoops seems to be more reactionary and methodical instead of a visionary. We had the talent on the field that could have demoralized Texas. Instead, they went into Dallas thinking this was going to be an easy win against a four loss team. Instead, Texas was tired of looking silly and they came to play. There was no emotion or drive from the Sooners and they looked asleep for most of the game. So then they go take it out on KState, but it's too late. There is no playoff bid with a loss in the Big XII.
[/quote]

I don’t know about that.

Leaving out the Big 12 a second year in a row might be too controversial.

Plus it’s a real possibility that the top Big Ten East teams will feast upon
themselves, before knocking off Iowa in the conference championship game.
[/quote]

I don’t know about that.

Leaving out the Big 12 a second year in a row might be too controversial.

Plus it’s a real possibility that the top Big Ten East teams will feast upon
themselves, before knocking off Iowa in the conference championship game.
[/quote]

You could be right with Baylor and TCU up there. (I cannot believe I actually typed that)

I just see them penalizing us again for no playoff and Baylor could lose to OU. But I could be wrong.