Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are your thoughts on this?
is saying hello to a pretty woman on the street harassment?

NEW YORK, New York — For 10 hours on a recent day Shoshana Roberts simply walked around New York City.

She was wearing jeans and a crewneck T-shirt.

She was silent as she walked.

But as she walked a hidden camera was rolling and recording just ahead of her capturing every step and more importantly every word spoken to her by the men she passed.

The video was just posted on YouTube by a non-profit, Hollaback, devoted to ending street harassment in cities around the world.
http://q13fox.com/2014/10/28/this-woman-...sgust-you/
Like us on Facebook! Follow us on Twitter!
[Image: facebook.png] [Image: Twitter%20Icon.jpg]
My first thought is, "she has a fat ass." Then I wondered, "How many negative comments did she get that were edited out?"

Finally, this a clear demonstration that feminism is a blight on society. A friendly comment is labeled as "harassment". Talk about driving society to fear and isolation...that's exactly what leftists want. It lets them keep control.
I did not see any harassment. Just a bunch of scrubs acting like scrubs.
1. Saying hi, have a nice evening, or you are beautiful is not harassment. The guy the followed next to her for 5 minutes crossed the line.

2. Only in NYC would someone who looked like that be so relatively beautiful that she would get that kind of reaction. She wouldn't even get a double take south of NJ.
There is only one type of woman that walks around for ten hours in New York City.

Just saying.
It's the mutilation of language. Medved had the woman that produced this video on his show yesterday and she defined harassment as

"A time someone feels harassed"...

Liberals are experts in circular logic, I've never seen anything like it. Saying "hey beautiful" is low class but its hardly harassment.
Now my wife has said NYC is a nightmare for young ladies on the trains and that she had her butt grabbed more than a few times on crowded NY trains.... *THATS* harassment...
(10-30-2014, 01:51 PM)EverRespect Wrote: 1. Saying hi, have a nice evening, or you are beautiful is not harassment.  The guy the followed next to her for 5 minutes crossed the line.

2. Only in NYC would someone who looked like that be so relatively beautiful that she would get that kind of reaction.  She wouldn't even get a double take south of NJ.

Agreed. If this is real, those New York guys would crap themselves if they walked around the malls down here.
This story also made me think of the results of a luck study by Wiseman. I can't find the exact article I want (w/ the exact anecdote) but this summary is a good one

http://www.damninteresting.com/you-make-your-own-luck/

Quote:The essence of luck is opportunity, so it follows that the more opportunities one encounters and the more receptive one is to those opportunities, the "luckier" one is. Wiseman has found that lucky people smile twice as often as others, and engage in more eye contact than unlucky people do. Such outgoing, extroverted behavior exposes a person to more opportunities due to the increased social interaction. Similarly, open-mindedness allows one to encounter a greater number of unique prospects, and makes one more apt to embrace new opportunities.

Professor Wiseman has outlined four principles to help one increase their good fortune:

Principle One: Maximise Chance Opportunities
Lucky people are skilled at creating, noticing and acting upon chance opportunities. They do this in various ways, including networking, adopting a relaxed attitude to life and by being open to new experiences.

Principle Three: Expect Good Fortune
Lucky people are certain that the future is going to be full of good fortune. These expectations become self-fulfilling prophecies by helping lucky people persist in the face of failure, and shape their interactions with others in a positive way.

So this woman wants to feel bad so she does feel bad. And she wants everyone else to feel bad too. There are people out there who would consider these comments flattering. And under certain circumstances, they might start a conversation w/ someone and get "lucky" and find a friend or spouse.

But feminists, like all leftists, are all about keeping everyone from success.

Another article w/ a pleasant story here

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/articl...-luck.html
(10-30-2014, 02:11 PM)DrTorch Wrote: This story also made me think of the results of a luck study by Wiseman.  I can't find the exact article I want (w/ the exact anecdote) but this summary is a good one

http://www.damninteresting.com/you-make-your-own-luck/

Quote:The essence of luck is opportunity, so it follows that the more opportunities one encounters and the more receptive one is to those opportunities, the "luckier" one is. Wiseman has found that lucky people smile twice as often as others, and engage in more eye contact than unlucky people do. Such outgoing, extroverted behavior exposes a person to more opportunities due to the increased social interaction. Similarly, open-mindedness allows one to encounter a greater number of unique prospects, and makes one more apt to embrace new opportunities.

Professor Wiseman has outlined four principles to help one increase their good fortune:

Principle One: Maximise Chance Opportunities
Lucky people are skilled at creating, noticing and acting upon chance opportunities. They do this in various ways, including networking, adopting a relaxed attitude to life and by being open to new experiences.

Principle Three: Expect Good Fortune
Lucky people are certain that the future is going to be full of good fortune. These expectations become self-fulfilling prophecies by helping lucky people persist in the face of failure, and shape their interactions with others in a positive way.

So this woman wants to feel bad so she does feel bad.  And she wants everyone else to feel bad too.  There are people out there who would consider these comments flattering.  And under certain circumstances, they might start a conversation w/ someone and get "lucky" and find a friend or spouse.

But feminists, like all leftists, are all about keeping everyone from success.

Another article w/ a pleasant story here

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/articl...-luck.html

Granted a few guys went over the line in the video...what I find funny is that with all the problems in our country, this group is wasting its time thinking they can stop this.

and to make things even more ridiculous. One magazine is calling this racist because they "clearly edited out the white guys."

and of course that author is white.
http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/201...d_out.html