Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More signs NASCAR is dying?
NASCAR decided a few years ago to expand out west to California and Las Vegas.. They took races from Rockingham and I'm wanting to say reduced a race in Darlington to give the west tracks some action.

The thing about the west tracks are, when you watch a race out there, the stands are half empty.. But the old Southern standards of Atlanta, Daytona, Talladega, Richmond, Bristol, etc., stand strong. NASCAR won't fold, they'll downsize and figure it out again.

Last year's chase was a joke.. You had guys who had multiple wins not being able to run for the championship and a guy who barely got in with no wins competing in the last few races.
So Kevin Harvick the defending NASCAR champ causes a major wreck on the last lap and NASCAR finds nothing wrong?!? I guess it depends on the driver and team owner, this seems a lot like what happened with Truex and the Waltrip owned team only difference Waltrip's teams talked about it, Harvick did it on his own.
[Image: polls_3043150_2610_514040_answer_6_xlarge.jpeg]
I think NASCAR is suffering the same fate as the Canadian Football League did years ago when they tried to expand into the United States. They tried to expand too fast . Once the novelty wore off, profits began to decline.

NASCAR won't ever gain much popularity outside the deep South much like Canadian football won't get much popularity south of Canada.
(11-04-2015, 01:48 PM)Fitbuddy Wrote: I think NASCAR is suffering the same fate as the Canadian Football League did years ago when they tried to expand into the United States. They tried to expand too fast . Once the novelty wore off, profits began to decline.

NASCAR won't ever gain much popularity outside the deep South much like Canadian football won't get much popularity south of Canada.

NASCAR has been around for a long time.
Like us on Facebook! Follow us on Twitter!
[Image: facebook.png] [Image: Twitter%20Icon.jpg]
(11-04-2015, 03:41 PM)oklalittledixie Wrote:
(11-04-2015, 01:48 PM)Fitbuddy Wrote: I think NASCAR is suffering the same fate as the Canadian Football League did years ago when they tried to expand into the United States. They tried to expand too fast . Once the novelty wore off, profits began to decline.

So has the Canadian Football League. That has nothing whatsoever to do with what I stated.
Wood Brothers to run full 36 race schedule in 2016

http://woodbrothersracing.com/2015/wood-...dule-2016/

Like I said above, Ryan Blaney will run a full time schedule next year.

Like it always does the numbers will work out.
(11-06-2015, 01:41 PM)Fitbuddy Wrote:
(11-04-2015, 03:41 PM)oklalittledixie Wrote:

So has the Canadian Football League. That has nothing whatsoever to do with what I stated.

Why would you think expanding Canadian football into the United States is a good idea? Why would you compare that to NASCAR expanding to Canada? Is racing even popular up there? I think he is talking about NASCAR dying in the South.
Like us on Facebook! Follow us on Twitter!
[Image: facebook.png] [Image: Twitter%20Icon.jpg]
Seems the decline started with Toyota entering the Frey as well as everyone sharing the same body styles but different painted grilles. Yes I know Toyota builds the Camary in Kentucky and Tundra trucks in Indiana but the old image of Nascar being an American only sport took a hit with that move.
The Xfinity series, when They started using the Mustangs, Challengers and Camaros should have been allowed to use real replicas of those Aerodynamic body styles again instead of the one size fits all. Also Camary's are a different class of car than those Big 3 Pony cars are. Camary's are Momma's Cars , not street warriors . I would also limit the fields to 30 cars and let Them roll instead of a bunched up field waiting for the Big one at Super Speedways. I'm also not a fan of the Blocking move like Earnhardt was doing when He had His fateful crash in '01. Too many crazy race ending crashes lately with cars up in catch fences and such.
ACCeleration! We're Revved up