Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Introduce Yourself
(10-29-2014, 11:23 AM)animus Wrote: I found this place on Twitter. Neat place.

where did you post before you found us?
Like us on Facebook! Follow us on Twitter!
[Image: facebook.png] [Image: Twitter%20Icon.jpg]
Rivals and scout
(10-29-2014, 11:32 AM)animus Wrote: Rivals and scout

Welcome aboard. We are getting things started.
DefCONNOne here and on CSN. No one ever asked why I came up with the name, and I think now's a good time to tell it. I'm a former ESPN-er, who went by the name of JReyesat7 on the Big East board. After telling off a Syracuse or Louisville poster who was getting lippy with me, I used some creative wording to tell said poster off. Apparently that upset him and I was perma-banned (or so I thought). This was during the height of conference realignment and since I'm a UCONN fan, I came up with my current name. It stands for Defense UCONN (number) One. Also, I'm a really big fan of the movie WarGames and I thought it was a clever callback to that movie
(10-29-2014, 11:56 PM)DefCONNOne Wrote: DefCONNOne here and on CSN. No one ever asked why I came up with the name, and I think now's a good time to tell it. I'm a former ESPN-er, who went by the name of JReyesat7 on the Big East board. After telling off a Syracuse or Louisville poster who was getting lippy with me, I used some creative wording to tell said poster off. Apparently that upset him and I was perma-banned (or so I thought). This was during the height of conference realignment and since I'm a UCONN fan, I came up with my current name. It stands for Defense UCONN (number) One. Also, I'm a really big fan of the movie WarGames and I thought it was a clever callback to that movie

Did you ever come to the college football general board? You would have seen some of us.
BuckeyeCountryBistro - never heard of CSN? (is that like the Canadian version of ESPN or something?), found this site thanks to a post on the My BB support forum. I have been thinking about starting a forum myself and was looking at options and found this one. Looks interesting.
(10-30-2014, 01:46 PM)BuckeyeCountryBistro Wrote: BuckeyeCountryBistro - never heard of CSN? (is that like the Canadian version of ESPN or something?), found this site thanks to a post on the My BB support forum. I have been thinking about starting a forum myself and was looking at options and found this one. Looks interesting.

You from OH?
Yeah. Born and raised to love the scarlet and gray. I haven't seen any Michigan fans here yet to hate on. Smile
It’s rare to see Wolverine fans in Georgia, but there is one that lives
in the neighborhood behind my property across the creek. One day,
a few years ago I was in my backyard with my Buckeye sweater on
and he was in his backyard with his Michigan sweater on.

We both just stood there, uncomfortably looking at each other
until he slowly raised his hand and waved, so I reluctantly waved back.

It wasn’t until later that I realized his wave probably didn’t include the use all of his fingers.
(10-30-2014, 01:46 PM)BuckeyeCountryBistro Wrote: BuckeyeCountryBistro - never heard of CSN? (is that like the Canadian version of ESPN or something?), found this site thanks to a post on the My BB support forum. I have been thinking about starting a forum myself and was looking at options and found this one. Looks interesting.

lol nice. You must have seen my post on the Internet Explorer bug. Welcome.