Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sons of Confederate Veterans
Anybody here a member of SCV? I went to Bonnie & Clyde Trade Days this weekend to get my girl a puppy and decided to check SCV out because my great great great grandfather fought in the Brookhaven Light Infantry Brigade in Mississippi which makes me eligible. They were doing the reenactment of one of the battles out there that day so lots of people were dressed up in blues and grays. It was rather intriguing when I walked into their setup and an old gruff voice says to me, "Son, did you have any relatives in the Confederacy?"

I did all the paperwork and although my genealogy will be ran by them to make sure I'm eligible, I had a lot of guys coming up to me and shaking my hand, saying "welcome aboard, brother." Pretty nice group of fellows. It won't be bad meeting up with them once a month.
Yes. I am Adjutant for 16th SC Volunteers, Camp 36 Greenville, SC.

Welcome, glad that you are making the most of you birthright and joining this great group. If, I can help in any way let me know.

"Remember it is your duty to see that the true history of the South is presented to future generations"--Stephen Dill Lee. New Orleans, LA 1906.
I have been thinking about volunteering to our local chapter.

Here is why: I use the Edmond Historical Society as a reference quite often when I am writing articles about Edmond Oklahoma.

Anyone who knows anything about Oklahoma knows it was controlled by the Confederacy during the Civil War and all inhabiting tribes were part of the Confederate forces.

The Edmond Historical society appeared to have gone out of their way to overshadow any reference to the Confederacy with stories of Union soldiers that settled in the area after the war and put a high emphasis on the band of Cherokees that broke away and joined the Union.

Clearly we have some white liberals tampering with history and I am not sure if the Sons of the Confederacy(located on the next street over) are aware of the historical cleansing.
Like us on Facebook! Follow us on Twitter!
[Image: facebook.png] [Image: Twitter%20Icon.jpg]
Revisionist history is alive and continually dong its best to expunge our Southern Heritage.
I had a Sons of the Confederacy member hassle me over artwork I produced about Dorence Atwater.
Interesting why and what was the piece of artwork?

I have had more people than I can count, that were not members of the SCV, make ignorant comments about the SCV and the CSA. They know absolutely nothing about history.
(02-16-2015, 11:56 AM)SCDuke Wrote: Yes.  I am Adjutant for 16th SC Volunteers, Camp 36 Greenville, SC.

Welcome, glad that you are making the most of you birthright and joining this great group.  If, I can help in any way let me know.

"Remember it is your duty to see that the true history of the South is presented to future generations"--Stephen Dill Lee.  New Orleans, LA 1906.

Excellent, and thank you. I'll belong to the Lt. Gen Richard Taylor Camp #1308 in Shreveport, Louisiana.

I haven't been voted in yet, but I know my credentials are legit, so I expect to be accepted this Thursday.
Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that Mr. Chuck McMichael is part of your Camp? If so, you will cannot miss him, because you will hear him first! Ha. He just spoke at our Lee-Jackson banquet last month. He is a great speaker!
(02-16-2015, 11:56 AM)SCDuke Wrote: Yes.  I am Adjutant for 16th SC Volunteers, Camp 36 Greenville, SC.

Welcome, glad that you are making the most of you birthright and joining this great group.  If, I can help in any way let me know.

"Remember it is your duty to see that the true history of the South is presented to future generations"--Stephen Dill Lee.  New Orleans, LA 1906.

You're pretty high up in the chain if you're the Adjutant, nice job... How do you move up?

I was just reading up on the camp I'll be in, seems we're the largest camp in Louisiana with 140 members...
(02-16-2015, 01:06 PM)SCDuke Wrote: Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that Mr. Chuck McMichael is part of your Camp?  If so, you will cannot miss him, because you will hear him first!  Ha.  He just spoke at our Lee-Jackson banquet last month.  He is a great speaker!

I'm not sure, but here are the top four guys... The man I spoke with is JC Hanna, Lt. Commander.

[Image: off14j.jpg]