Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has the Pope ever read The Bible?!?
Quote:Big Bang theory and evolution in nature "do not contradict" the idea of creation, Pope Francis has told an audience at the Vatican, saying God was not “a magician with a magic wand.” The Pope’s remarks on Monday to the Pontifical Academy of Sciences appeared to be a theological break from his predecessor Benedict XVI, a strong exponent of creationism.

This pope is the devil pure and simple he needs to be excommunicated before he completely destroys the Catholic Church. He is to Catholicism what Obama is to Democracy and Capitalism.

The Pope is Biblically ILLITERATE
[Image: polls_3043150_2610_514040_answer_6_xlarge.jpeg]
I'm not the person to ask that question. Being raised in the Southern Baptist Church, there are many things that I do not understand about Catholicism. I feel that this particular Pope is not a "Uniter" of people. He seems very opinionated regarding secular topics with a worldly view and not one of The Church, much less a Biblical views.
I'd be willing to be he has read it more than most. Plus, he is right.

Signed,

Catholic
This is part of an overall growing trend in Christian denominations that are moving away from traditional church doctrine. There are many examples that include same-sex unions/marriage, abortion, etc. Instead of the church defining its core values and beliefs based on God's word, it is letting the liberal world define it based on self-desires and wants.  It is disturbing but not unexpected as foretold in biblical prophesy.    
(10-28-2014, 08:32 PM)HeartOfDixie Wrote: I'd be willing to be he has read it more than most. Plus, he is right.

Signed,

Catholic

Read it but does he believe it? Genesis 1 clearly says GOD spoke all things into existence. Clearly he doubts or does not believe GOD is Omnipotent.

Signed,

A Christian
(10-28-2014, 08:37 PM)CincyGrad92 Wrote: This is part of an overall growing trend in Christian denominations that are moving away from traditional church doctrine. There are many examples that include same-sex unions/marriage, abortion, etc. Instead of the church defining its core values and beliefs based on God's word, it is letting the liberal world define it based on self-desires and wants.  It is disturbing but not unexpected as foretold in biblical prophesy.    

I don't get it, either you believe The Bible is the Authoritative Word of God or you don't. If someone doesn't believe it, they probably need to find a religion that meets what they want to believe. Christianity isn't a cafeteria plan.
(10-28-2014, 08:43 PM)ConservativeHerd Wrote:
(10-28-2014, 08:37 PM)CincyGrad92 Wrote: This is part of an overall growing trend in Christian denominations that are moving away from traditional church doctrine. There are many examples that include same-sex unions/marriage, abortion, etc. Instead of the church defining its core values and beliefs based on God's word, it is letting the liberal world define it based on self-desires and wants.  It is disturbing but not unexpected as foretold in biblical prophesy.    

I don't get it, either you believe The Bible is the Authoritative Word of God or you don't.  If someone doesn't believe it, they probably need to find a religion that meets what they want to believe.  Christianity isn't a cafeteria plan.

Agree 100% my friend.  
Again, there are many things that I don't understand. Mainly, why do believers need an an " intercessorry ". That is what Christ replaced.

This Pope is taking s worldly view on Homosexuality it seems as well.
I will explain tomorrow when I am in front of a computer.
(10-28-2014, 08:41 PM)ConservativeHerd Wrote:
(10-28-2014, 08:32 PM)HeartOfDixie Wrote: I'd be willing to be he has read it more than most. Plus, he is right.

Signed,

Catholic

Read it but does he believe it?  Genesis 1 clearly says GOD spoke all things into existence.  Clearly he doubts or does not believe GOD is Omnipotent.

Signed,

A Christian

I believe the Bible is the Word of God and so does the Pope.

I also believe that I can read the Word and you can read it and we can both get separate things out of it.

Christian teaching are not opposed to the scientific proof around us. Like the Church teaches, the Word is confirmed and clarified through the exploration of science.